Fresh, light and delicious – just the thing to try before the end of the summer!
Eating large steaming portions of oily pasta may have its charm during the cold wintry months. But since the summer is almost-but-not-completely gone, we should use the opportunity to prepare some lighter meals with fresh ingredients.
If you still carry the heat of recent summer days in you, try my Raw Tagliatelle with Creamy Avo Sauce for a light and healthy lunch or dinner. If you are already in the winter/pasta mode, you can still enjoy it as a starter or a side dish.
– 2 medium avocados
– 1 lemon, juiced
– 1/4 cup fresh basil or mint leaves
– 2 Tbsp olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic
– 2 medium zucchinis
– salt, pepper, sweet paprika
- Place the avos, lemon juice, basil/mint, olive oil, garlic and salt in a food processor or a good blender. Process till smooth and creamy.
- Peel the zucchinis into thin strips (if the core is hard, you may want to leave it out) – and you’ve got your tagliatelle!
I buy organic zucchinis and leave the peel on as it gives my “pasta” a nice colour, but you might want to discard the peel and only use the flesh.
- Place the zucchini “pasta” in a bowl, pour the sauce over it and toss.
- Garnish with basil or mint leaves, black pepper and sweet paprika.
This is the basic recipe, it is now up to you to play with it, add more flavors, colors or edge. I went with some yummy fresh redcurrants this time.