A HEADSTAND A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY
When something significant happens in our lives, something that changes the way we are or the way we think and act, we say that our life was turned upside down. It could be due to a positive event or something we call negative, but a fact is a fact – a change occurs and any change is a step forward on the path of our development.
Similarly, turning our bodies upside down for a couple of minutes every day is a step forward toward a better health.
Apart from strengthening the mental qualities, such as clarity, will power, concentration and its calming, rejuvenating effects on the body, it brings many more benefits:
– strengthens abdominal, arms, legs, back, neck and shoulders muscles;
– improves the blood flow to the pituitary gland, promoting healthy endocrine system and balanced hormones secretion;
– massages and improves the functioning of the abdominal organs, strengthening the digestive system;
– improves circulation and gives the heart a short break from pumping the blood up to the brain;
– this is a good one: improves the circulation in the face area, reducing possibility of skin problems and wrinkles – natural face-lift!
– boosts the immune system;
– improves blood circulation in the scalp, preventing hair loss (and, as some also claim, prevents or even reverses graying of the hair!).
If you are convinced and want to gain all the remarkable benefits this simple exercise provides, make sure you learn to do your headstand with a qualified instructor and practice it in a safe environment once you feel confident to do it on your own.
Turn your world around and enjoy the new perspective!